Monday, June 23, 2008

Goin' to Huckleberry

So Huckleberry House is a common term around here that Hume people know and love. It is the childcare program for ages 0-5. They charge $5 a session, but staff gets it for $2.50 plus one free day a week. It is available in the mornings from 9:30 to noon, and in the evenings from 6:30 to 8:30. I used today as my free day and it was fabulous, this morning I put both kids in and met some moms at Hume N Beans for coffee (or chai in my case), then tonight I put Ellie in so I could clean the house. Who else has childcare this cheap, it's awesome! Oh, and they give out pagers that work all over camp so I can be paged at my house if they need me, so cool! And Ellie totally loves it and loves seeing her friends there. Well, tonight when I picked her up she had her face painted, and I was like, "oh a kitty" and she goes, "no, I'm a doggy". And she spent much of the next half hour barking for me and Jaron. We both very much enjoyed the free entertainment! So I had to share our little doggy with you. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Great Grandma said...

Becky, I'm so enjoying your blog! What a wonderful way to keep everyone updated on your family and Hume Lake. Love you all!

Becky/mom/grammy said...

Of course Ellie was a doggie --- Jaron looks so cute in his swimsuit~